Monday, July 22, 2013

Typing Skillz

Usually, I don't use typing and skill in the same sentence. In my case, they're mutually exclusive. Here is one of my favorite writing quotes as it should read.

"To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make." --Truman Capote

Here is the quote as I type it . . .

(I'll apologize now, Mr. Capote. I really do love your work.)

"tO me. tjhen greatest pleasfire of wroiting is not wjat it's about, bnit the inner miusc the words make.{

Yes, that was an actual sample of my so-called skillz. It looks like a Finnish/Elfin mutation. (Right now, I'm watching my fingers. That's why you can read this.)

How are your skillz, or should I say skills?

6 comments:

  1. I did a typing class in high school and have been grateful ever since. I still make tons of mistakes but I'm really quick about cleaning them up. I've got a great trick with my right little finger and the backspace button, haha! (Thank you high school typing class.)

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxy!!! Is this really you?!?! Who or what is Rowan Hayes!??!

    Typing - I too took a typing course at school - thank heavens!! Better than my handwriting!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jai--you are so funny! I remember taking classes, too. For all the good it did me.

    Old Kitty---so good to see your comment. Rowan Hays is my pen name. I'm querying now and thought I'd take the name for a test drive. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents made me choose typing in high school instead of the art class I wanted to take. I've thanked them many times over since then! I'm pretty good with speed, but I do make a lot of mistakes! In fact, yesterday I drafted a blog post about some of my least favourite repetitive errors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not the most accurate either, especially when I am IMing with someone. Like others, I took typing in high school, though not because anyone made me. I knew even then I wanted to do something publication-oriented, and knowing how to type is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm a horrific typist. I've seriously considered getting one of those talk to type programs i'm so slow and clumsy with it.

    ReplyDelete